Streaming has quickly become the epicenter of the online gaming community, and if you always wanted to get into streaming, we have created this guide to the best streaming setup for beginners. The start as a streamer can first appear daunting, but the structure of the perfect setup is a great starting point.
- Best Streaming Webcam for Beginner
- Best streaming microphone for beginners
- Best Streaming Capture Card for Beginners
- Best streaming machining software for beginners
- Free editing software for beginners
- Best lighting for streamer
- Which platform should you use?
The Best Streaming Setup for beginners will be affordable and easy to set up. So, where are you starting? Obviously, the three main devices are a webcam, a microphone and a recording card. While you probably installed a webcam and a microphone in your laptop, the quality is probably not so high, so it’s better to invest in something better.
Once you have these three things in place, you have your skeleton setup, but there are a few other little things you would like to get with certainty. Did you think about your illumination setup? How about a video or image editing software? Anyway, we have some product recommendations here, which we hope you are helpful for all budding streamers.
The requirements will be slightly different with everyone, but these products are great all-rounders that do not blow up the bench when they just start.
Best Streaming Webcam for Beginner
When it comes to your first streaming webcam, we recommend the Logitech C920X HD Pro. This webcam can take up quite great footage with the recommended 720 × 480 pixels, but is cheaper than some of the ultra-high-resolving cameras on the market. Here is an overview of the most important functions:
- Resolution of video recording : 720p
- connection : USB
- Image recording speed : 30fps
- Video recording format : H.264
- Stereo audio with two microphones
- HD lighting adjustment and autofocus
In addition, this webcam has some pretty decent microphone and lighting options (its specialty is the recording of clear shots in poor lighting conditions). So if you want to start without ring light or external microphone, this could be an ideal option.
Best streaming microphone for beginners
While some new streamers like the microphone functions of their webcam may be satisfied, many others want to buy a dedicated microph1. If you are one of these streamer, then we recommend the Hyperx Solocast.
The solocast was specially developed for use with streaming and works according to a basic plug-and-play principle. Compatible with PC and Mac as soon as you have connected it, it’s easy to start recording, and it works with popular streaming platforms such as StreamLabs OBS, OBS Studio and XSPLIT.
The compact design also speaks for itself. It fits 3,8-inch and 5.8-inch threaded setups and can be used with most microphone stands or microphone arms, which means that you should be able to position yourself and your microphone without too much No matter how you want to position yourself and your microphone on the camera trouble. His own stand is fully adjustable and fits in most desktop setup even under monitors.
As a sweet icing, it finally uses a simple tap-to-mute sensor with an LED light indicating whether your microphone is turned on or not. So if you encounter unwanted interruptions on live streaming, you are only a finger tip from the absolute audio privacy.
Best Streaming Capture Card for Beginners
If you want to stream PC games, you do not really need to worry about Capture cards, but if you want to stream the best PS5 games or the best Xbox Series X games, a Capture card is essential. For this we recommend the Game Capture HD60 S + from Corsair.
In contrast to other recording cards that are somewhat difficult to set up, the HD60 S + is relatively easy to use. You simply include an HDMI cable from your console to the recording card, then another from the recording card to your PC and you can start. It’s that easy for those who want to start streaming without problems.
Here is a look at the specifications of the HD60 S +:
- Recording quality : 1080p60
- Pictures per second : 60
- Compatible consoles : Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One X, PS5, PS4 Pro and more
- Compatible platforms : OBS Studio, Streamlabs Obs, XSPLIT and more
- HDR : HDR 10 bit for passthrough and recording
It not only takes up the footage, but with its specially developed production software 4kcu you will also get access to all the following functions:
- Flashback recording : allows you to move backwards in time to retroactively store during a stream.
- Live Comment : Gives you the opportunity to add your voice recordings to a separate track
- Video library : So you can easily save an archive with footage and streams that you have previously created
It is a pretty comprehensive package and a truly convenient place to start collecting your console game exploits.
Best streaming machining software for beginners
The processing is a large part of the streaming process. It is not only important to create graphics and logos in order to advertise on the preferred platforms for themselves, but it can also help to improve the quality of the captured footage. For this we recommend a subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud.
When you purchase Adobe Creative Cloud, you will get access to:
- Photoshop : Ideal for creating logos or refining photos or other pictures that you want to use as part of your streaming brand
- Premierpro : Adobe’s video editing software is one of the best and is a great complement for the repertoire of a prospective streamer
- Illustrator : This could help you create a cute mascot for your streaming channel or create custom twitch emotes for your viewers
- InDesign : Valuable for creating digital posters to promote certain streams in social media, so that people know when they need to turn on their channel
The Creative Cloud package contains a total of 27 apps, which can also improve their streaming content, from animation tools to visual effects. And if you are a student, you can access the entire software suite for only € 1.50 to the entire software suite $ 19.99 per month.
Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe $ 52.99 Subscribe to Network N earns an affiliate commission from skilled sales.
Another Adobe product that could provide you with good services is Adobe Stock – the abundance of stick media files that open a world full of opportunities. From custom emotes to royalty free music, the stick library offers a wide range of multimedia assets that can be used to create a more professional and exciting streaming experience.
You can test the entire library for 30 days for free, which means that you can experiment at a cost-effective way with the appearance of your streaming channel.
Adobe Stock (1 month free trial) Adobe Stock (1 month free trial) Adobe $ 0 Free Network N earns an affiliate commission from skilled sales.
Free editing software for beginners
Looking for something more affordable? In this case we recommend Open Broadcaster software, also known as OBS Studio, which can be used completely for free. It contains all the following functions:
- Transitions : You can create custom transitions if you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys : Set Hotkeys for all important actions, z. B. stopping the stream, muteing audio or changing between scene
- Modestudio : This allows you to show everything in the preview before you go live
MULTIVIEW: This allows you to display up to eight different screens at the same time
- Audiomical : Easy to use and filter with source-specific filters
- Optimized settings : A simple access point for each aspect of the OBS machining process
- Dock user interface : This allows you to change your layout so that it suits you exactly
Best lighting for streamer
If you have an ideal desk device that is hit every day from the gentle sunlight of the golden hour, you may not need to invest in a lighting for your facility. However, if your lighting setup leaves more realistic to be desired, we recommend the Sockani P25 Key Light.
If you invest in Sockani P25 Key Light, you will find that it offers all the following functions:
- Eight different special effects : Do you want your illumination mediated to different moods? Well, this setup gives you access to eight different options that give your stream a touch of professionalism
* Soft Diffuser : This function gives your videos a more natural, more uniform lighting and prevents the gloss that some artificial lighting can produce
* Remote control and LCD monitor : Simply adjust the lighting options with a practical remote control and use the LCD monitor to easily access information about your current device
Physically it is a very small device, which means that you can accommodate it into fairly tight rooms.
Which platform should you use?
Once you have created your streaming setup, you only need to select which streaming platform you want to use. Further information on choosing a streaming platform can be found in our guide to streaming on Twitch and YouTube, but here is a brief overview of your most important options:
- twitching : a very popular platform that is quite synonymous with games and can be used completely for free. If you ever want to upgrade to a turbo account (with more chat rooms and exclusive emojis), then you also have this option.
- YouTube gaming : Although it has not yet reached the highlights of Twitch, YouTube Gaming certainly wins popularity and builds on the back of the Youtube brand. This is also free to use and allows you to stream in 4k and with 60 fps.
- Facebook Gaming : Facebook is the largest currently existing social medium. By using this platform, you have the opportunity to tap this large public pool. Again, it may not be so established like Twitch, but it’s free and easy to use and offers some particularly insightful analysis tools.
We hope this will help you with the entry into your trip as a streamer. As soon as you have come up with, you may want to invest in a green screen or a stream deck, but you should think about it later. Further help can be found in our guide to the best microphone for streaming and for inspiration in our guide to the largest twitch streamers.
Leave a Reply